Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Slowly, but surely...



Ok, I managed to cut up my paper and start a very rough sketch -- extremely rough sketch! There are quite a few photographs to refer to besides the main photo reference, so I may do some short studies (like the small one in this pic) before starting the main painting. I'm still playing around with the composition in my head and testing the colors out. I will keep it fairly small so it's easier to scan when finished. Anyway, just wanted to share the progress, however small, I was making. =)

2 comments:

Joan Y said...

Hey Jennifer, did you take the Greece photos yourself? Good luck on the drawings! Why am I not surprised to find this set of pics? FYI ...

http://drawingonnature.blogspot.com/2007/07/edm-challenge-50-entryway.html

JC said...

Joan, yes I took most of these pics! There may be a couple from others who went with me on a trip I took to Santorini. Oh my goodness, I guess I shouldn't be surprised about your drawing... but wow, Greece is one of my favorite places in the world, too! =)