Thursday, June 14, 2007

Awards




Pencil sketch, colored in Photoshop. Well here's my first post that doesn't have anything to do with Illustration Friday. I wanted to post something just for fun, and it's of another niece who just won a bunch of school awards. (I have a LOT of nieces and nephews). Working on these illos has been such a great experience for me. When I was in school, all I wanted to be was an artist. Then I decided I couldn't cut it in the art world, got my degree in business, and went on to work a "regular" job. I honestly don't have any regrets. I'm just happy I got back into it now that I'm older and for my own enjoyment. I still have LOTS to learn, but that's the beauty of doing it this way... I get to learn at my own pace, and get to discover a little bit of myself and my abilities in the process.

No comments: