Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Missing



Pencil sketch, colored in Photoshop.

I actually saw a poster for a missing llama named Dolly while on my trip. I forgot a few of the details (I faked some of the info on this poster), but it was indeed true that a pony last accompanied the poor animal on a walk before it turned up missing. I do hope they find poor Dolly.

I believe llamas are considered livestock rather than actual pets in the traditional sense. You would need lots of room for this beautiful creature. As I was looking around the web for interesting info, I discovered a page devoted to sounds that llamas make when they're uncomfortable, alarmed, flirting, or aroused. Check out the following link and listen for yourself: Llama Sounds
You have to listen to their humming -- it sounds just like a person!

1 comment:

steve said...

I love it JC! They are truly endearing beasts, aren't they. I sure hope they find Dolly. In the meantime, I need to check out these sounds--thanks so much for the link.