Friday, May 23, 2008

Gift Tags - Day 18 of MPC


I continued making things out of photos I've taken, and just finished these gift tags.


I first used a photo of the Eiffel Tower, and then played around with color variations and special effects in Photoshop to give it this pink and grainy look. I then printed several copies of the same image on vellum paper and glued them on a soft pink metallic cardstock. I also took small slips of paper with "to and from" typed and pasted these on the back of each. Finally, I used a special tool to set the eyelets and strung a sheer pink ribbon through.

4 comments:

Chelle Majeski said...

HI!

I came across your site by accident, but loved what you said in your profile! I love coffeeshop art and Jesus too! Love the pictures!

Have a great day!

JC said...

Hi Chelle Nicole, thanks for visiting my blog! =)

Joan Y said...

WAAAAAHHHHH! I've been missing out on these wonderful travel posts for what seems like eons! Where the heck have I been?!? I love, Love, LOVE these! Not only are you brilliantly creative, but you are a fantastic photographer! Absolutely beautiful travel pics Jennifer!

JC said...

aww.. thanks so much Joan! yeah I did the travel photo series and subsequent projects more for myself... because the images have been stored away on my computer for way too long. And it's always wonderful to see if it's received well by others. Thanks for the encouragement!