Thursday, May 8, 2008

Paris Dusk - Day 8 of MPC



My posts for this personal challenge to blog about creativity seem a little all over the place. I kept it broad so that I won't run out of ideas of what to write. But now I'm feeling kind of scatterbrained. I'm feelling that I need to focus more and be a bit more organized.

Ok, so maybe I'll start with a series of travel photography for now, since traveling and taking pictures is definately a passion of mine. But what's so creative about it? I think that a great deal of creative energy is spent whenever you play with the composition and color of a photo you take, and then "fix" or crop in photoshop. I also believe that travel photography is a form of journalism because you're communicating something about that place through the pictures you display.

The photo above is one I took in Paris a few years ago, after visiting the Musee d'Orsay, a truly wonderful museum of impressionist art. It had just stopped raining, the sun had set, and the sky looked especially beautiful at that moment. It was a nice, calm close to a hectic day of sightseeing.

In Paris, yes you might encounter some rude people... but I came across some very nice ones too. It depends on what kind of person you are. If you smile, others tend to smile back. If you expect they will be rude and obnoxious to you, then you are only looking out for that and that, I'm afraid, is what you will get. But this is true anywhere though.

Anyway, I should also note that when we first arrived in this city, I had probably the best cup of coffee I EVER had. The coffee was so rich I didn't even need to use any cream. This and seeing the lights on the Eiffel Tower at night were definate highlights.

I thought that along with this photo, I should post some french music too. Check out this lovely tune from Josh Groban.

>

No comments: